- PSR Regional Convention at AMRS, September 18-19, 2015
- AMRS at Railfair, Scottsdale, October 10-11, 2015, 10:00-5:00
- AMRS at the State Fair, October 22-25, 2015, 10:00-evening
Adobe Mountain Desert Railroad Park Swap Meet
November 7th, 2015: 9:00 to 2:00pm
December 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 2015: 5:30-8:00.
- AMRS Board Meeting, August 29th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS General Meeting, September 12th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS Board Meeting, September 26th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS General Meeting, October 10th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS Board Meeting, October 31st, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS General Meeting, November 14th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- AMRS Board Meeting, November 28th, 2015, @9:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays (HO, N) - 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays (G, HO, N, O) - 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Public Open House
- Saturdays - 9:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sundays - 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays only - Closed for the Summer
Welcome to the Arizona Model Railroading Society (AMRS). We are located in north Phoenix at 22822 N. 43rd Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85310 (43rd Ave and Pinnacle Peak road) in the Adobe Mountain Desert Railroad Park which is located in the Maricopa County Adobe Dam Regional Park.
AMRS encourages and promotes all aspects of the hobby of model railroading for anyone interested, regardless of skill level or experience. AMRS encourages the sharing and development of skills among its Members for their enjoyment of model railroading as well as educating the membership and the public about model railroading, railroad operations, and railroad history. Club members represent a wide range of ages, occupations, cultural backgrounds, model railroading experiences, prototype railroad interests and modeling eras. Such diverse interest and experience is considered a dominant strength of the Club and its membership. Membership in AMRS is open to the entire family and joining is as simple as completing a membership application that can be obtained at the clubhouse or on this website. Anyone desiring to join AMRS is encouraged to visit and talk with our members during the times AMRS is open (see schedule on the left).
AMRS is structured in three scale division: N Scale, HO Scale, and Large (G) Scale, with some members active in more than one division. Work on the HO and N scale division layouts is an ongoing process. The G scale have two layouts adjacent to one another that are mostly completed. Each division is under the direction of a superintentent and an assistant superintendent.
AMRS is a 501C7 nonprofit organization that operates under a Constitution and Bylaws. Each scale division may have rules and responsibilities specific to that scale. The HO division operating rules and responsibilities are found in the HO Switchman’s Guide.
The public is invited to visit during the Public Open Houses, Events & our work sessions. All meetings/events are held at the AMRS Club House. Directions can be found at the bottom of this page and on the About Us menu option.
Memberships Available at AMRS
Not enough room in your home for a layout to run those trains you have? Yard not quite large enough for that G scale layout you have been dreaming about? Well, come join AMRS. We have memberships open for all scales and all ages. We have Regular, Senior and Family memberships.
We are open Wednesday nights from 6pm to 9pm, Saturdays from 8am to 3pm, public open house on Sundays between 1pm to 3:30pm. So, drop by and talk with us about becoming a member. We are located at 22822 N. 43rd Avenue in Phoenix south of Pinnacle Peak Road across from the Wet&Wild Water Slide Park.
Click the button for more information and to join AMRS.